9.05.2008

Just now I feel pretty nearly perfectly happy.


"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?" - Anne of Green Gables


I've always imagined myself in adventures, in some faraway land of rolling mists and dramatic love stories. LM Montgomery's novel series was my first literary introduction to that type of world, but it was genuine and funny. Anne Shirley was the heroine of my younger years because she found her 'ideal' in Gilbert Blythe, a 'bosom friend' in Diana, and stayed true to herself.

I try every day to be more like her, and I think a lot of folks would benefit from a little Anne Shirley insight.


(Composed by K. Horton 2008)

Top: Girls & Birds by Ana Laura (Gold Leaves on Flickr)
Bottom: Bando Polaroid by Jen Gotch (Danske on Flickr)

HAPPY FRIDAY.

No comments: